There comes a point in every fashionista’s life when we must make the dreaded transition to winter footwear. As if cold temperatures and snowstorms weren’t bad enough, having to bust out bulky coats and ugly boots adds insult to injury.
Winter boots have a bad reputation for being bulky, ugly and down right unfashionable, but they don’t have to be. I’ve searched the web for the season’s most fashionable winter boots so you won’t have to spend this winter hibernating.
1.Superfit Dress Heel with Fur Trim – These ankle boots may look too cute to be wearable for winter, but they’re both insulated and waterproof. The chunky heel gives you some height and is still easy to walk in. Plus, the fur trim and buckle detailing are so in!
2. Taxi Denver – This pair of riding boots are perfect for those warmer and dryer winter days. The synthetic fabric can be easily wiped clean if you come into contact with slush or salt and the buckles and ruching details pack a fashionable punch.
3. Roxy Sycamore -These boots are perfect for picking out your family Christmas tree or running some errands.They’ll protect your feet from the snow and the red laces add a fun pop of colour.
4. Manitobah Mukluk Snowy Owl Mukluk – These cozy boots are like wearing your slippers outside (but with a rubber sole, thankfully!). They are fur-lined so your feet will be nice and warm all winter long. With beaded detailing and fur pom-poms, these boots instantly get rid of your winter blahs.
5. Sorel Waterproof Tivoli – Sorels are a staple for harsh winters. They’re fur-lined and waterproof so your feet will be warm and dry, even in the craziest snowstorms, plus the traction on the bottom will prevent any embarrassing (and painful) slips and falls.
6. Bare Traps Nolan – If you’re looking for a casual boot that will also keep your feet toasty these are the ones! With a rubber sole that prevents slipping, a wedge heel and fur lining, this is where fashion meets functional.
All of my winter picks can be found on The Shoe Company website.
Which fashionable winter boots are your favourite?