Last holiday season I shared my holiday gift guides for her and him. This year I wanted to do something a little different. Being a small business owner myself, I know the importance of shopping local. Ottawa is filled with amazing shops and vendors right at your fingertips. In fact, all six of these vendors allow you to place your orders right from the comfort of your own computer. You think that’s easy? I’ve made it even easier for you to shop locally. Some of the amazing vendors I’m showcasing today have offered up exclusive discounts for Just a Trace readers.
1. Dapper Beard Oil – If you’re like me, I appreciate a good beard and thankfully beards are everywhere these days. I first heard of Dapper Beard Oil at Ottawa’s 613 Night Market a few months ago. This beard oil, aptly named Gold Tusk, is formulated with all-natural ingredients to quench and protect the beards of dapper men. A couple drops of Gold Tusk nourishes your facial hair and makes it look captivating, feel soft, and smell handsome. Guys have been saying that it’s a life changer and it’s now part of their morning ritual. Their girlfriends really like the smell of it and how soft it makes their boyfriends beards and some girls actually steal some for their own hair! Want to snag some beard oil for the man in your life? Use Coupon Code Justatrace25 for 25% off until December 17.
2. Dayna Lee Collection – Dayna’s shop is a collection of art prints, stationary, and accessories featuring some pretty powerful hand lettered quotes and adorable painterly illustrations. The Dayna Lee Collection offers a selection of pieces that are completely unique, feminine, and empowering. While digital, Dayna uses a painterly style when creating her illustrations, and her handwritten statements are truly her signature. As a female entrepreneur, I can appreciate the powerful messages behind Dayna’s pieces. Dayna says of her pieces, “I want my work to be there cheering you on when you leave your day job to follow your dreams, telling you to keep going when you have that ounce of self doubt, or just make you smile when a smile is all you need.” Get your own slice of inspiration with 10% off for the entire month of December using the Coupon Code JUSTATRACE10.
3. Nordik Spa-Nature – Nordik is a Scandinavian inspired spa located in Chelsea, Quebec and is the largest spa in all of North America. Nordik boasts eight saunas, 7 baths, tons of spots to relax, an indoor and outdoor restaurant and a panoramic infinity pool. I’m not going to go on too long about Nordik since I did already devoted a whole blog post to it, but it is a place that definitely needs to be enjoyed in the winter months. There is something that seems so relaxing being surrounded by sprinkles of white snow while in a warm hot tub or sauna. Learn more about the holidays at Nordik here.
4. Arbonne – It’s no secret that I will gush to anyone who listens how Arbonne has changed my life (both with their products and their business model). Why not get the person you love a gift that is botanically based, safe and made without harmful chemicals or preservatives? With over 400 products, there is truly something for everyone. An easy gift everyone will love? Our ultra hydrating hand crème paired with set of gloves. Bonus: if you live locally, I will gift wrap and hand deliver your purchases. Easy, peasy Christmas shopping and you never need to leave your house.
5. Infinite Purpose Jewelry – Ever since I purchased my “Follow Your Heart” spoon necklace from Infinite Purpose Jewelry, I hardly wear any other jewelry. Infinite Purpose Jewelry creates unique hand stamped pieces from antique silver plated flatware. The pendants and bracelets are stamped with inspirational sayings and words, while the pie servers, spoons, forks, and butter knives are stamped with witty sayings. If you are looking for a custom piece or to purchase any of the items for sale the best way to reach the shop is through their Facebook page, or email: email@example.com. Delivery is available locally (within Ottawa) or shipping can be arranged. Take 10% off your order until December 25 by mentioning my blog when you contact the shop!
6. BConnected Conference – If you have a blogger on your holiday list this year, this is the gift you want to be giving! This past spring I attended the BConnected Conference (which you can read all about here). The conference was a two day affair, bringing together local Canadian bloggers to talk about all aspects of the blogging world. From blogging photography to brand relationships, this conference had it all. I credit this conference with taking my blog to the next level by helping me build brand relationships and relationships with local bloggers. Early bird tickets are on sale until January 5, 2015.
Do you shop local? What is your favourite local shop?