This is a sponsored post with Mums the Word Network and Doctor on Demand. All opinions are my own.
I love summer and I love being outdoors in the summer. However, summer and I often don’t see eye to eye…literally. A few summers ago I decided to try my hand at some outdoor adventure. For me, that meant going to a cottage. Yes, that’s as extreme as I’ll go! I figured I would be safe within the four walls of the cottage.
Mark, Winston and I headed to a cottage we rented along the waterfront in Quebec. On our trip didn’t do anything too wild. We took Winston for walks in the forest, roasted s’mores by the fire, drove into town for ice cream and canoed on the lake (with life jackets).
Do you know where I fell victim to one of the perils of summer? In the safety of those four cottage walls! I got bit by a black fly on my eye lid one evening before bed. The next morning I woke up to find my eye swollen and half way closed. Throughout the day it kept swelling until it looked like a golf ball.
We were in another province where English is not the first language and we had no idea if there was medical help nearby. We discussed cutting our trip short to go home, but instead I decided to suck it up. It was our only vacation for the whole summer and I didn’t want to cut it short on my account. I opted to take Benadryl and hope for the best. I have to admit I was worried until the swelling slowly started to go down a few days later. If I had known about Doctor on Demand I could have used the App on the spot and got some advice from a doctor! It would have provided me the reassurance that my eye would be fine and I could continue to make the best of my trip.
What is Doctor on Demand?
Doctor on Demand is a doctor visit that you can experience anywhere there is wifi. Doctor On Demand video visits allow their physicians, psychologists and lactation consultants to provide focused care without you having to leave your home. With video, they can look, listen, and engage with you to diagnose your issues and provide an effective treatment plan. Skip the waiting rooms. Skip the drive. Save time and experience the convenient Doctor on Demand ANYWHERE!
How The Doctor on Demand App Works
Did you know that the Doctor on Demand App is available for your iPhone, iPad, Android and on the Web? It’s so simple to use.
1. List your symptoms, allergies and current medications.
2. Enter your payment information. Your first visit is FREE when you use code TRACE
3. Give honest feedback about your experience.
It takes no time to set up your appointment. After I answered a few simple questions, I could choose to set up an appointment for a later date or see a doctor right away. My visit was just as good as a regular doctor visit. I could see and hear the doctor clearly and I did it all from the comfort of my own home!
In the meantime, make sure to take extra precaution this summer so you don’t end up like me! Watch out for the 10 Perils of Summer:
- Bee Sting & Bug Bites – Bees, wasps, hornets and other stinging bugs are sometimes unavoidable.
- Sunburn – Protect your skin from the sun, and avoid the most severe UV rays between 10am-4pm.
- Concussions – A concussion can result from a blow to the body or head, such as a fall from a swing set.
- Poison Oak & Ivy – In the woods everything is green and leafy and… poisonous? Some plants really make you itch.
- Jellyfish – They’re not really fish, and they don’t attack, but their tentacles pack a painful and potent venom.
- Tick bites – Lyme disease and other complications can arise from a nasty little tick bite. Ask a doctor.
- Sunstroke – Kids and seniors are at higher risk for heat exhaustion and sunstroke. Be aware.
- Sports injuries – After a long winter, we’re in a rush to get outdoors. Sometimes leading to a trip and fall.
- Burns – Accidents can happen when we’re around campfires or BBQ grills. Get treatment right away.
- Kids bumps and bruises – Sometimes it’s a minor scrape, but it may be a more serious bruise.
Get help fast. Stuff happens, but Doctor on Demand is always just a few taps away, no matter where you are this summer.
Enter the one time free promo code TRACE to try your first video call to Doctor on Demand for free. Remember the code expires July 15th so don’t wait, give Doctor on Demand a try today!