On this fine Wednesday, I come to you with no shortage of WTF moments:
- My week started off awesome when I went over my data plan and incurred over $50 in charges. Rogers cut off my data until my billing period restarted, which thankfully meant I was only without data for three days, but still, it sucked! I have never gone close to going over my data plan, but it could have been because I just got the iPhone 5s last month and have been on it non-stop. What really had me saying WTF, was that I was not contacted by Rogers until I was almost 1GB over my data plan!
- One morning in the elevator on my way up to my office, a woman got in and kept pressing the black square with the number on it, instead of the actual button she wanted. It took her three times until she realized what she was pushing was, in fact, not a button. Finally, a man stepped in and pushed 22 for her. Turns out she actually wanted 23, so we all awkwardly stood there as the doors opened at 22 all because she didn't know how to use an elevator.
- I was in the change room at The Bay, trying on a dress when I noticed this collection of gum inside my change room. For one, how long has this collection been here? Is it gum from the same person who visits this change room on the regular or the contribution of many change room goers? Secondly, why has no one cleaned this change room long enough that this amount of gum (in an array of colours) has been able to accumulate?
- I was on the bus yesterday when a guy got on and went to sit down beside a girl that had her yoga mat on the seat. Now, there were other seats the guy could have chosen but I guess he really wanted to sit beside this girl, so she was forced to move her yoga mat onto her lap. He apologized for making her move her mat and she said it was fine and kept on texting as she was previously doing. He then decided he should make small talk with her. He asked her what she was listening to but she must have had her music turned up because she didn't hear him (or she was trying to ignore him, who could blame her!) He asked her again and she said, "Oh...um...a soundtrack." Not taking the hint, he prodded further asking her which soundtrack. She mumbled, "Well I don't know and I can't check right now because I'm in the middle of texting." He told her not to worry about it and to carry on with her texting and then they sat awkwardly beside each other the rest of the ride.
- Last night, while waiting for my connecting bus I was sitting on a bench inside the bus shelter. A woman and her four children came and were gearing up to sit on the bench. I started to slide down the bench to allow all five of them to sit (it was a long bench). I guess my butt wasn't shimmying fast enough, because this woman used her rather large behind to shove me down faster! I was stunned that someone could be so rude, and she kept doing it until I was at the edge of the bench. She then proceeded to loudly eat sunflower seeds and spit the shells all over the ground. Stay classy.
Did you have any WTF moments this week? Share them in the comments below, on the Facebook page or tweet me!